I remember talking to an old friend, who was working at the
time for this, big
Multinational bank. He was serving as their Branch
Manager and the pay was
excellent. They'd given him a big car to use. He had
recently come back from a
4 day vacation with his wife, from Thailand.
While catching up (I was meeting him after a long time), he
asked me about my
projects. He then mentioned how he'd want to start his
own business, and quit his job.
Quit such a well-paying job? Why?
Because I have no time for anything else, he said. With so
much time committed
at the office, he did not see how the money he was earning
can be spent by him!
When I started thinking about it, it became clearer. But no
one else seemed to be
talking about it.
I thought I was alone.
I saw GLARING PROBLEM with how we - as a society - have
chosen to value
our lives.
I found it difficult to talk about the problem. It seemed
HARSH. But it also seemed
to be TRUE.
And what was that glaring problem?
It was that we spend 14 years or more on
"educating" ourselves, our children,
paying for schooling, adjusting our schedules around
the school... and for what?
So we can be a servant?
I told you it was a bit harsh.
Note, there is NOTHING wrong with being a servant,
please.
But why are we TRAINING to be a servant?
Should not that be a last-resort type of thing?
You may be earning the right amounts of money, but do you
have time to pay
attention to other very important aspects of their
lives, such as relationships,
your own health, your contribution to society in general?
EVERYONE agreed that the best way to earn money is via your
own business.
Everyone agreed to that!
STILL we persisted on TRAINING to be employed by others!
Why? Was this
out of ignorance? Or was it out of fear?
Shouldn't the money spent on "educating" me be
used in teaching me about
self-employment? About starting my own business? About
dealing with money?
About living a WHOLESOME life?
I always thought I was alone in thinking like this.
It turns out, hundreds of discussion, emails and email
subscribers later, than I am not.
I want you to know that it is my MISSION to HELP PEOPLE
become self-employed. I want to encourage people to try creative
ideas.
I want to spread this message that it is OK to think
differently, it is OK to find the
current system WRONG, and most importantly, it is
NECESSARY for each one
of us to fix it in our own lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment